List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Logan Date:February 10 2006 7:30am
Subject:Re: Surviving MySQL crash
View as plain text
Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

> Heikki Tuuri wrote:
>
>> Ji-Haw,
>>
>> if the OS crashes do not corrupt files, then InnoDB tables would
>> survive an OS crash without a problem.
>

> Thanks for the reply Heikki. Let me rephrase my problem: the data
> remains intact, but I suspect the indexes are corrupted. Basically I
> have to run myisamcheck and mysqlcheck to get my tables operational
> again. No data loss though.
>
> Logan (thanks Logan) suggested a periodic flush call. I am wondering
> if auto flushing is available?

Hi,

You could set that up as a small cron job (Are you using unix/Linux?)
like so

15 * * * * /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -pxxxxxx -e 'FLUSH TABLES'

This would run a FLUSH TABLES once every hour at 15 minutes past. If you
are using Windows, sorry I'm not sure how to do it there.

Regards

--

David Logan
South Australia

when in trouble, or in doubt
run in circles, scream and shout

Thread
Surviving MySQL crashFoo Ji-Haw10 Feb
RE: Surviving MySQL crashSST - Adelaide)10 Feb
Re: Surviving MySQL crashHeikki Tuuri10 Feb
  • Re: Surviving MySQL crashFoo Ji-Haw10 Feb
    • Re: Surviving MySQL crashDavid Logan10 Feb
      • Re: Surviving MySQL crashDan Nelson10 Feb