List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 9 2006 1:55pm
Subject:Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5
View as plain text
> I have tried dynamically assigning a database name to a stored proc via
> its parameter list:
>
> CREATE STORED PROCEDURE testStoredProc (IN test_db_name CHAR)
> BEGIN
> SELECT * FROM test_db_name.test_table;
> END;
>
> MySQL does not resolve test_db_name to the value passed in the
> parameter, and the query fails because there is no database with that
name.

> Is there any way around this?

No.

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Rory McKinley9 Feb
  • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Martijn Tonies9 Feb
    • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Peter Brawley12 Feb
  • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5SGreen9 Feb
    • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Martijn Tonies9 Feb
    • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Rory McKinley9 Feb
      • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5SGreen9 Feb
        • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Rory McKinley10 Feb
        • Re: [SOLVED]Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Rory McKinley10 Feb
      • Re: Passing db names to a stored proc in MySQL 5Peter Brawley11 Feb