List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Grant Giddens Date:February 9 2006 2:02am
Subject:Column in field list is ambiguous
View as plain text
Hi,

  I'm using mysql 4.1.14 and and getting this error:

Column 'asin' in field list is ambiguous

This is the query that is giving me the error:

SELECT pn_pricecompare_searchdata.prod_id, MATCH
(asin,upc,isbn,ean,title,brand,manufacturer,mpn,model,artist,author,platform,format,label,studio,publisher)
AGAINST ('warcraft' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS score FROM pn_pricecompare_searchdata LEFT JOIN
pn_pricecompare_product ON (pn_pricecompare_product.prod_id =
pn_pricecompare_searchdata.prod_id) WHERE MATCH
(asin,upc,isbn,ean,title,brand,manufacturer,mpn,model,artist,author,platform,format,label,studio,publisher)
AGAINST ('warcraft' IN BOOLEAN MODE) ORDER BY score DESC LIMIT 0,10

The query works fine if I take out the LEFT JOIN

SELECT pn_pricecompare_searchdata.prod_id, MATCH
(asin,upc,isbn,ean,title,brand,manufacturer,mpn,model,artist,author,platform,format,label,studio,publisher)
AGAINST ('warcraft' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AS score FROM pn_pricecompare_searchdata WHERE MATCH
(asin,upc,isbn,ean,title,brand,manufacturer,mpn,model,artist,author,platform,format,label,studio,publisher)
AGAINST ('warcraft' IN BOOLEAN MODE) ORDER BY score DESC LIMIT 0,10

The searchdata table is MyISAM with fulltext enabled on the fields.  The product table is
an INNODB table.

I searched all over and can't find a solution.  I did find one possible bug report that
might be related: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=15607

Is there any workaround I can use?

Any sugguestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Grant

Column in field list is ambiguousGrant Giddens9 Feb
  • Re: Column in field list is ambiguousMichael Stassen9 Feb
    • Re: Column in field list is ambiguousGrant Giddens9 Feb