List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 6 2006 9:54am
Subject:Re: 4.0.20 vs 4.1.16 issue
View as plain text
Hi,

> I was running a legacy app on a MySQL 4.0.20 server.
> The app queried the server like this "SELECT count(total) as total from
> tbl_nada"
>
> For 4.0.20 the result of this query was an integer.
>
> Running the same query on 4.1.16 returns a much larger Integer and the
> app crashes.
>
> Problem is that I CANNOT change the app.
>
> Is there any configuration that you can do to this server so that it
> treats the query as it was before?

And then what? If the value itself is larger than an Integer, what are
you expecting to get? Silently truncate the value to fit inside an integer?

How would that make your app any better?

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
4.0.20 vs 4.1.16 issueC.F. Scheidecker Antunes6 Feb
  • Re: 4.0.20 vs 4.1.16 issueMartijn Tonies6 Feb