List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:February 3 2006 8:34pm
Subject:Re: Visual database design system
View as plain text
At 10:52 AM -0500 2/3/06, Adi wrote:
>I am looking for a tool to integrate with mysql...I have tried DBDesigner
>and would like to get my hands on software that is equivalent or better than
>DBDesigner...any suggestions? FYI: I have had some problems with importing,
>printing etc with DBDesigner...
>
>Thanks in advance...

I've used Artiso Visual Case -

	http://www.visualcase.com/

- some. Java-based, still a bit rough here and there, but they have a
free 30-day trial. Academic price (what I paid) much less expensive
than standard license. I haven't tried it with MySQL 5 yet. If I
recall clearly, it is similar in scope to Datanamic's DeZign -

	http://www.datanamic.com/

- which is (or was) Windows only.

	steve

--