List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sheeri kritzer Date:February 3 2006 3:43pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Connection Problem
View as plain text
Casey,

in a Terminal window, type

ps -ef | grep -i mysql

and see if there is a mysqld process actually running and not a zombie
(defunct).

See if you can connect on the localhost.

See if the socket exists.

I'd bet that one of those three will find your problem.   Please let
us know if this helps.

-Sheeri

On 2/2/06, Rhodes, Casey <rhodesc@stripped> wrote:
> When testing my connection via Dreamweave MX, I get the following error message:
>

> 2002 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>

> It was suggested to me that the server may not be running, though when I go to my
> System Preferences Panel (MacOSX), I have a green light and it says that it is currently
> running.
>

> --Casey Rhodes

Thread
MySQL Connection ProblemCasey Rhodes2 Feb
  • Re: MySQL Connection Problemmysql2 Feb
  • Re: MySQL Connection Problemsheeri kritzer3 Feb
Re: MySQL Connection ProblemCasey Rhodes4 Feb
  • Re: MySQL Connection ProblemUnknown Sender4 Feb