List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:February 1 2006 11:01pm
Subject:Re: Kinda OT: Book database question
View as plain text
I think you will find a book ISBN is a reference
to a particular publisher's version of a particular book.

So in answer to your question, if several different
publishers, or even the same publisher have published
several different books all entitled 'Huckleberry Finn' then
to avoid ambiguity in identifying one particular book from
that group of books, each book should have a unique
identifier, which AFAIK is what the ISBN is all about.

The usual way to reference a book is by:

Title:
Publisher:
ISBN: