List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Trainor Date:February 1 2006 6:40pm
Subject:Re: mysql-query-browser install RPM
View as plain text
hawat.thufir@stripped wrote:
> Must the RPM be manually downloaded, or can the query browser be
> installed from yum?  I've tried "search 'mysql-query-browser'" and no
> result--perhaps I need to add a repository?
>

> [thufir@localhost ~]$ mysql-query-browser
> bash: mysql-query-browser: command not found
> [thufir@localhost ~]$ ll /opt/
> total 0
> [thufir@localhost ~]$ mysql -u thufir -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 13 to server version: 4.1.16
>
> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>
> mysql> quit
> Bye
> [thufir@localhost ~]$ date
> Wed Feb  1 12:58:28 EST 2006
> [thufir@localhost ~]$
>
> and
>
> [root@localhost ~]#
> [root@localhost ~]# yum -y groupinstall 'MySQL Database'
> Setting up Group Process
> Setting up repositories
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Passing package list to Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Nothing to do
> [root@localhost ~]# date
> Wed Feb  1 13:03:56 EST 2006
> [root@localhost ~]#
>

> So, I know that I have the entire group 'MySQL Database'.
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Hi -

I have never seen mysql-query-browser in yum.  I recently recompiled a
.src.rpm against CentOS 4.2, which seems to work fine.  That's the best
I could do.

Perhaps the MySQL team could consider posting a more recent build of it
for people like yourself (I'd be happy to distribute, but I don't have
enough bandwidth! ;) )

Thanks
-dant
Thread
mysql-query-browser install RPMhawat.thufir1 Feb
  • Re: mysql-query-browser install RPMDan Trainor1 Feb