List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Kirchhoff Date:February 1 2006 5:15pm
Subject:Re: Totally different join-behaviour in mysql 4 and 5?
View as plain text
> Comma separated JOINS strikes again!!!

[...]
> Here is where you will find this change documented in the manual:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.html

I read that page over and over again... probably too late at night.
thanks for that info. Thanks to Peter, too.
I made that select out of an multi-table update that hung in the
processlist. That query came out of a very old script
floating around...  I found a few more and  modified the updates, i
think I shouldn't have that problem any more.
I think nobody over here ever used "comma-joins" except for those few
times. At least I hope so. ;)

but that was only part of my problems, my replication still hangs every
now and then... I'd be glad if you could have a
look at my other postings "5.0.18-max-log as a slave of a
4.1.13-standard-log master problem - slave hangs".
Maybe you have any ideas what I could try to get this working...

thanks
Jan

Thread
Totally different join-behaviour in mysql 4 and 5?Jan Kirchhoff1 Feb
  • Re: Totally different join-behaviour in mysql 4 and 5?SGreen1 Feb
    • Re: Totally different join-behaviour in mysql 4 and 5?Jan Kirchhoff1 Feb
  • Re: Totally different join-behaviour in mysql 4 and 5?Peter Brawley1 Feb