List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ady Wicaksono Date:February 1 2006 4:44am
Subject:Re: Insert performance
View as plain text
Hi you could try:

1. disable autocommit while inserting those records, then commit after
finished.
2. You could try insert multiple column like this

   insert into tableX values (a,b,c), (c,d,e), (e,f,g) .......

CMIIW

Vinay wrote:

>I am using mysql5.0 on Hp-UX. IT took about 14 hours to insert 1.7 millin records. How
> do I make my insert run faster.The table has three foreign key references and the
> referencing columns are indexed . Is that impacting the insert statement performance.
>

>Thanks for the help
>Vinay

Thread
Insert performanceVinay31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceKishore Jalleda31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceDavid Griffiths31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceSGreen31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceImran Chaudhry31 Jan
    • Re: Insert performanceSGreen31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceAdy Wicaksono1 Feb
Re: Insert performanceHeikki Tuuri5 Feb