List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kishore Jalleda Date:January 31 2006 5:25pm
Subject:Re: Insert performance
View as plain text
the indexes would significantly slow down the inserts, also are you doing
the insert from a sql script, if so you couldtry this
Wrapping your very long insert script in as follows

set autocommit = 0 ;
begin ;

[[thousands of inserts here]]

commit ;

If you use the *mysqldump* option --opt, you get dump files that are fast to
import into an InnoDB table, even without wrapping them with the SET
AUTOCOMMIT and COMMIT statements

you could also try this
*... import operation ...*

This would speed up your table inserts by turning the foreign key checks for
the duration of the import session...

you could also may be tune your blk_insert_buffer_size

Kishore Jalleda

On 1/31/06, Vinay <vinay@stripped> wrote:
> I am using mysql5.0 on Hp-UX. IT took about 14 hours to insert 1.7 millin
> records. How do I make my insert run faster.The table has three foreign
> key references and the referencing columns are indexed . Is that impacting
> the insert statement performance.
> Thanks for the help
> Vinay

Insert performanceVinay31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceKishore Jalleda31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceDavid Griffiths31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceSGreen31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceImran Chaudhry31 Jan
    • Re: Insert performanceSGreen31 Jan
  • Re: Insert performanceAdy Wicaksono1 Feb
Re: Insert performanceHeikki Tuuri5 Feb