List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Xiaobo Chen Date:January 31 2006 4:29pm
Subject:Re: Type conversion from Mysql to Oracle
View as plain text
Hi, folks

First thank all you who replied to my question. I should be more specific
with my question.

In mysql database table, there is some thing like in the 'create table
syntax':

 fieldname enum('yes','no') default null

and

 fieldname datetime default null

I have no idea about the first one. For the second, I am not familiar with
the 'DATE' type in Oracle and its formatting. In the Mysql table, the
format is like 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MN:SS'.

What I am doing is trying to duplicate all those tables from Mysql
database into the Oracle database and I am trying to do that by writing a
small java program. The issue I am facing now is that I need to get
correctly the 'create table syntax' for Oracle and trying to keep the
formats of each column as close as possible to that in the Mysql table.

I couldn't find a FREE tool to do this from Mysql to Oracle (not the other
direction). So I decided to write it up.

Thanks again.

Xiaobo

> Hi,
>
>> I am trying to convert some Mysql database into Oracle. But their types
>> are not exactly match. Could any one give a hint?
>
> What types do you need to convert?
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL
> Server
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> Database development questions? Check the forum!

Faculty of Computer Science
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

Thread
Type conversion from Mysql to OracleXiaobo Chen31 Jan
  • Re: Type conversion from Mysql to OracleMartijn Tonies31 Jan
    • Re: Type conversion from Mysql to OracleXiaobo Chen31 Jan
  • Re: Type conversion from Mysql to OracleSGreen31 Jan
  • Re: Type conversion from Mysql to OracleGleb Paharenko31 Jan
  • Re: Type conversion from Mysql to OracleMartijn Tonies31 Jan