List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:January 29 2006 9:43pm
Subject:Re: Support between MySQL and PHP
View as plain text
Hi Philip. I'm wondering if you have mysql server version
3.23.49 still running on your machine?

If so, version 5 would not start up, as it would not
be allowed access to port 3306.

Try doing

my_print_defaults mysqld

and my_print_defaults client mysql

from a root shell and see what values you get returned.

HTH

Keith

In practice they are not.

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Philip R. Thompson wrote:

> To: mysql@stripped, php-general@stripped
> From: Philip R. Thompson <prthomp@stripped>
> Subject: Support between MySQL and PHP
>
> Hi all.
>
> I figured this question was suitable for both the MySQL list and the
> PHP-General list. Here's what I'm running into.
>
> I just installed MySQL5 and currently have PHP 4.3.11 installed. I
> am wanting to connect to the mysql database on localhost, but I
> get the following results:
>
> ----------
> <?  $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'user', 'password');  ?>
> "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
> server; consider upgrading MySQL client"
> ----------
>
> Well, I have the lastest stable version of MySQL, so I did some more
> research on what the problem might be. When I checked my
> information for PHP using phpinfo(), it gave me the "Client API
> version" for MySQL was 3.23.49. So, I'm thinking my version of PHP
> cannot connect to my version of MySQL. I then considered if I
> installed the MySQLi extension for PHP (supports versions of MySQL
> > 4.1), would that help me? Or, if I just upgraded PHP to version 5,
> would that help me?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on the direction I should go?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> ~Philip
Support between MySQL and PHPPhilip R. Thompson29 Jan
  • Re: Support between MySQL and PHPmysql29 Jan
  • Re: Support between MySQL and PHPJames Harvard30 Jan
    • Re: Support between MySQL and PHPPhilip Thompson30 Jan
RE: Support between MySQL and PHPGeorge Law30 Jan