List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David P. Donahue Date:January 27 2006 1:56pm
Subject:Error inserting text containing a "?" character
View as plain text
This morning I began noticing some errors coming from my MySQL database
that appear to be the result of a user inserting text which contains a
question mark anywhere in it.  The error is:

"Parameter '?' must be defined ..."

Is there a way to tell MySQL to just treat the "?" as another character
in the string, rather than as a parameter?  Maybe have my application
replace all occurrances of "?" with something else that will represent a
"?" to the database before issuing the query?

For reference, I'm using the MySQLConnector .NET for connecting my
application to a MySQL 4.x database.

Regards,
David P. Donahue
ddonahue@stripped
http://www.cyber0ne.com
Thread
Error inserting text containing a "?" characterDavid P. Donahue27 Jan
  • Re: Error inserting text containing a "?" characterGleb Paharenko27 Jan