List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:January 20 2006 1:24am
Subject:Re: [SPAM] - convert help - Bayesian Filter detected spam
View as plain text  
Gordon,

>...
>SELECT CONVERT(fdata,BIGINT) INTO tmp_int;
>SELECT HEX(tmp_int);
...

Are you looking for...

SELECT CAST(0xABCDEF0123456789 AS UNSIGNED);
+--------------------------------------+
| CAST(0xABCDEF0123456789 AS UNSIGNED) |
+--------------------------------------+
|                 12379813738877118345 |
+--------------------------------------+
SELECT HEX(12379813738877118345);
+---------------------------+
| HEX(12379813738877118345) |
+---------------------------+
| ABCDEF0123456789          |
+---------------------------+

PB

-----

Gordon Bruce wrote:
> I just added a user variable @fdata to get visabilility outside of the procedure and
> this is what I get.
>
> mysql> delimiter //
> mysql> create procedure test20 ()
>     ->    BEGIN
>     ->       DECLARE fdata BLOB;
>     ->       DECLARE foffset INT UNSIGNED;
>     ->       DECLARE flength INT UNSIGNED;
>     ->                 DECLARE tmp_int BIGINT UNSIGNED;
>     ->
>     ->                 SELECT 0xABCDEF0123456789 INTO fdata;
>     ->                 SELECT 14 INTO foffset;
>     ->                 SELECT 7 INTO flength;
>     ->
>     ->                 SELECT SUBSTR(BINARY(fdata),
>     ->                 FLOOR(foffset/8)+1,
>     ->                 CEIL((flength + (foffset %8 ))%8))
>     ->                 INTO fdata;
>     ->   set @fdata:=fdata;
>     -> END//
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql>
> mysql> delimiter ;
> mysql>
> mysql> call test20();
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql>
> mysql> select @fdata, hex(@fdata)
>     ->
>     -> ;
> +--------+-------------+
> | @fdata | hex(@fdata) |
> +--------+-------------+
> | ═∩☺#E  | CDEF012345  |
> +--------+-------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Godsey [mailto:mysql@stripped] 
> Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 3:33 PM
> To: mysql@stripped
> Subject: [SPAM] - convert help - Bayesian Filter detected spam
>
>
> I am trying to convert binary data to a bigint so I can do bitwise
> operations on the data, and I'm having trouble doing it.
>
> I noticed that if I have binary data and I:
> select data>>1; I get 0 (not what I'm expecting).
>
> Here is a test procedure I wrote:
>
> create procedure test20 ()
>    BEGIN
>                 DECLARE fdata BLOB;
>       DECLARE foffset INT UNSIGNED;
>       DECLARE flength INT UNSIGNED;
>                 DECLARE tmp_int BIGINT UNSIGNED;
>
>                 SELECT 0xABCDEF0123456789 INTO fdata;
>                 SELECT 14 INTO foffset;
>                 SELECT 7 INTO flength;
>
>                 SELECT SUBSTR(BINARY(fdata),
>                 FLOOR(foffset/8)+1,
>                 CEIL((flength + (foffset %8 ))%8))
>                 INTO fdata;
>
>                 SELECT HEX(fdata);
>                 SELECT CONVERT(fdata,BIGINT) INTO tmp_int;
>                 SELECT HEX(tmp_int);
>         END
> The last two selects are added to show what I would like to do, but have
> not been able to get it to work.
>
> Any help would be great.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
> regular duties.
>
> David Godsey
>
> Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
> regular duties.
>
> David Godsey
>
>
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.21/235 - Release Date: 1/19/2006
>   

Attachment: [text/html]
No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.21/235 - Release Date: 1/19/2006
Thread
RE: [SPAM] - convert help - Bayesian Filter detected spamGordon Bruce19 Jan
  • Re: [SPAM] - convert help - Bayesian Filter detected spamPeter Brawley20 Jan
    • Re: [SPAM] - convert help - Bayesian Filter detected spamDavid Godsey20 Jan