List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Subscriptions Date:January 19 2006 11:13pm
Subject:Selecting based on serialized field...
View as plain text
I'm not sure if this falls under a PHP topic or a MySQL topic, but I have a
table that contains a field that stores serialized data.  Is there a way to
order a recordset by a piece of the serialized data?  For example, if a
field called "data" contains serialized data that looks like this:

a:11:{s:7:"company";s:12:"Some Company";s:8:"jobtitle";s:17:"Assistant

is there a way to select a recordset ordered by "company"?  Kind of like,
but not quite:  SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY companyname

(where the "companyname" is some function that pulls out the company name)

Selecting based on serialized field...Subscriptions20 Jan
  • Re: Selecting based on serialized field...Peter Brawley20 Jan
  • Re: Selecting based on serialized field...SGreen20 Jan