List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rhino Date:January 18 2006 8:30pm
Subject:Re: Help in joining three tables
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Imran" <imran@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:13 PM
Subject: Help in joining three tables

> Hello All:
>
> I need to join three tables but I am not sure how to structure the query.
> I need to join table1 to table2 and then join table3 to this result set.
>
> So like (table1 join table2) join table3.
>
> Table1 and Table2 will be joined on ProdNo,CustNo and Branch. Table3 will
> be
> joined to the result set by CustNo and Branch.

There are many types of joins: inner joins, left joins, right joins, cross
joins, etc. I don't know which types you want to do so I'll just assume
inner joins and let you modify my answer to suit your basic needs.

Select t1.col1, t1.col3, t3.col5, t2.col9
from table1 t1 join table t2 on t1.col1 = t2.col4
join table3 t3 on t3.col5 = t1.col8
where t2.country = 'USA'
and t3.planet = 'EARTH'
order by t1.col1, t2.col2;

Rhino

Procedure / Prepared statements error converting tableDan Burke18 Jan
  • Re: Procedure / Prepared statements error converting tableSGreen18 Jan
    • Help in joining three tablesImran18 Jan
      • Re: Help in joining three tablesSGreen18 Jan
      • Re: Help in joining three tablesgerald_clark18 Jan
      • Re: Help in joining three tablesRhino18 Jan
        • Re: Help in joining three tablesSGreen18 Jan
          • Re: Help in joining three tablesRhino18 Jan
  • Re: Procedure / Prepared statements error converting tablePeter Brawley18 Jan
RE: Procedure / Prepared statements error converting tableDan Burke18 Jan