List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:January 15 2006 8:09am
Subject:Re: key_buffer_size vs innodb_buffer_pool_size
View as plain text
The difference in recommendation size comes from the different
techniques each storage engine uses for caching data. myisam
(key_buffer_size) only stores indexes where innodb_buffer_pool_size
stores both indexes and data. mysiam relies on the operating system to
cache data in ram which is why you don't want to use all available
memory for the key buffer.

--
Eric Bergen
eric.bergen@stripped