List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:January 10 2006 10:45am
Subject:Re: R: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replication
View as plain text
Hello.

> I already tried the option --slave-skip-errors, but i didn't work as
> expected.
> When this option is enabled, the slave didn't report the error
message, but
> the slave is stopped due the error.

May be server dies due an error message which was not included in the
slave-skip-errors list? With all option server should run regardless of
what happens.

AESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati] wrote:
> I already tried the option --slave-skip-errors, but i didn't work as
> expected.
> When this option is enabled, the slave didn't report the error message, but
> the slave is stopped due the error.
>
> The target I need to reech is to get two server A e B, each of them have its
> own db server and a set of application on top of it.
> Only one server should be active ( suppose A ), while on the other (B), an
> application detect that A is already running and configure at run-time B as
> slave.
> When A crash or for some other reason stop working, an application on B ,
> which loose the communication with A, configure B as master.
> When A restart, it check B , and verify that B is the master, so it
> configure itself as slave.
> All these should work automatically, that is without manual operations.
>
> For this application the critical point is that one of this server must
> always be running.
> If I loose a little amount of data (mainly log data), this should be
> considered a little problem.
>

> What I have to resolve is the lots of duplicate data I receive.
> Also this is not clear, because I should undertand that if both the server
> for some reason works at the same time for a while but I can't undertand
> while the same error for the same keys happened so many times.
> It seems that somewhere remains this commands which are aplways resubmitted,
> also if I clear both master and slave.

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationAESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]28 Dec
  • Re: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationGleb Paharenko30 Dec
    • R: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationAESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]30 Dec
      • Re: R: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationGleb Paharenko30 Dec
  • Re: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationLeo30 Dec
    • Re: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationsheeri kritzer9 Jan
      • R: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationAESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]10 Jan
        • Re: R: how use sql_slave_skip_counter to restore slave replicationGleb Paharenko10 Jan