List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:April 16 1999 7:47am
Subject:Re: Security
View as plain text
Daniel Gardner wrote:
> There is only one critical field in the db, so I think I need
> some sort of encryption on this field. The mysql manual mentions
> a couple of different encryption functions, but has no comment
> on how "good" they are. It would be nice to know what algorithms
> these encryption functions are based on, or if there are any plans
> to support really hard encryption. (perhaps I need one of those
> 5000 Euro licences ;-) )

 1. The source will reveal the encrytpion algorithm if you
    are really interested.

 2. If you want something really secure code it yourself and
    install it as a UDF [User Defined Function] - see the
    manual section 14.
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Some days I just can't decide if I'm a jek or a jerl...