List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:January 9 2006 11:08am
Subject:Re: allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_table
View as plain text
George,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""George Law"" <glaw@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:10 PM

> Hi All,
>
> I am running mysql 5.0.18 with a innodb table of 9 GB (plus several
> others)
> on suse linux 9.3 with 4 GB ram.
>
> when doing a show table status command, this table shows Data_Free:0
>
> I assume this is because it is the "file per table" setting, where the
> tables fall outside of the main ibdata files.

Data_free = 0 in this case means that the whole .ibd file is currently
allocated for that table. If you delete many rows from the table, you may
see Data_free bigger than 0.

> The ibdata files are all preallocated when mysql starts up, is there
> anyway
> to preallocate the "file per table" files as well?

No.

> Is there a specific innodb list?

There is an InnoDB forum:
http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?22

> Thanks to Gleb's answer and the hint on the bulk load setting in my.cnf -
> that seems to have helped some what.
> I notice in the load data command there is a "CONCURRENT" option - but as
> far as I can tell, that only does MyISAM tables?  You also suggested
> disablign the keys.

Disabling keys has no effect on InnoDB type tables.

> I think I tried that, but with a table with 7 mil rows,
> that takes longer than the load data :-\
>
> TIA.
>
> George Law

Best regards,

Heikki

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Thread
Cant access my files through the web siteghislain groulx8 Jan
  • Re: Cant access my files through the web siteMike OK8 Jan
  • Re: Cant access my files through the web sitePeter Brawley8 Jan
  • allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_tableGeorge Law8 Jan
    • Re: allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_tableGleb Paharenko9 Jan
Re: allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri9 Jan