List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Law Date:January 8 2006 8:09pm
Subject:allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_table
View as plain text
Hi All,

I am running mysql 5.0.18 with a innodb table of 9 GB (plus several others)
on suse linux 9.3 with 4 GB ram.

when doing a show table status command, this table shows Data_Free:0

I assume this is because it is the "file per table" setting, where the
tables fall outside of the main ibdata files.

The ibdata files are all preallocated when mysql starts up, is there anyway
to preallocate the "file per table" files as well?

Is there a specific innodb list?

Thanks to Gleb's answer and the hint on the bulk load setting in my.cnf -
that seems to have helped some what.
I notice in the load data command there is a "CONCURRENT" option - but as
far as I can tell, that only does MyISAM tables?  You also suggested
disablign the keys.  I think I tried that, but with a table with 7 mil rows,
that takes longer than the load data :-\

TIA.

George Law

Thread
Cant access my files through the web siteghislain groulx8 Jan
  • Re: Cant access my files through the web siteMike OK8 Jan
  • Re: Cant access my files through the web sitePeter Brawley8 Jan
  • allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_tableGeorge Law8 Jan
    • Re: allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_tableGleb Paharenko9 Jan
Re: allocate space for innodb innodb_file_per_tableHeikki Tuuri9 Jan