List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kyle Date:January 6 2006 2:50am
Subject:Re: Lost Connection executing query
View as plain text
On 1/4/06, Tripp Bishop <dyne_erg@stripped> wrote:

> We did recently upgrade the server from 4.0.40 to
> 5.0.15 and we did not dump the tables and reimport
> them. On the MAC we did do a dump and reimport. I
> wonder if that could be the cause of this problem. I
> had forgetten about that important difference.

I had the same issue and reported a private bug to MySQL.  The public
version of the bug is:  http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=15204

You should try upgrading to 5.0.18 and see if that helps.  It fixed it
for me.  Also, I've learned that it's good practice to always dump,
upgrade, and import instead of just upgrading the binaries with
existing databases.
Thread
Best case-insensitive search for Character Set utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin Columns.Robert DiFalco28 Dec
  • Upgrading to 5.0.15Tripp Bishop28 Dec
    • Re: Upgrading to 5.0.15Gleb Paharenko28 Dec
      • Re: Upgrading to 5.0.15Gary Richardson28 Dec
        • Re: Upgrading to 5.0.15Christian Meisinger30 Dec
          • Re: Upgrading to 5.0.15Gary Richardson30 Dec
        • Lost Connection executing queryTripp Bishop4 Jan
          • Re: Lost Connection executing queryGleb Paharenko9 Jan
RE: Lost Connection executing queryemierzwa4 Jan
  • RE: Lost Connection executing queryTripp Bishop4 Jan
    • Re: Lost Connection executing queryKyle6 Jan
    • Re: Lost Connection executing queryKyle6 Jan
RE: Lost Connection executing queryemierzwa4 Jan
  • RE: Lost Connection executing queryTripp Bishop4 Jan
RE: Lost Connection executing queryImran Chaudhry5 Jan