List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:January 6 2006 1:10am
Subject:Re: Getting # of days until expiration
View as plain text
> I have a DATE field that includes a date sometime within the past 30
> days. I'm trying to show the number of days until the expiration
> date, which is 30 days in the future from the date in the field. I've
> tried a bunch of permutations of something like this:
>
> select (30 - SUBDATE(CURDATE() - datefield)) as expiration_days
>
> All my permutations give me errors. Can someone set me straight? I'm
> hoping to get an integer between 1 and 30 (30 day old records are
> purged separately).

SELECT DATE_ADD(datefield, INTERVAL 30 DAY) from table;

<http://www.newgeo.com>                     Novato, CA U.S.A.

Thread
Getting # of days until expirationBrian Dunning6 Jan
  • Re: Getting # of days until expirationScott Haneda6 Jan
  • Re: Getting # of days until expirationPeter Brawley6 Jan
    • Re: Getting # of days until expirationBrian Dunning6 Jan
      • Re: Getting # of days until expirationMichael Stassen6 Jan
        • Re: Getting # of days until expirationBrian Dunning7 Jan
          • Re: Getting # of days until expirationJake Peavy8 Jan