List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Dunning Date:January 6 2006 1:06am
Subject:Getting # of days until expiration
View as plain text
I have a DATE field that includes a date sometime within the past 30
days. I'm trying to show the number of days until the expiration
date, which is 30 days in the future from the date in the field. I've
tried a bunch of permutations of something like this:

select (30 - SUBDATE(CURDATE() - datefield)) as expiration_days

All my permutations give me errors. Can someone set me straight? I'm
hoping to get an integer between 1 and 30 (30 day old records are
purged separately).

Thanks....
Thread
Getting # of days until expirationBrian Dunning6 Jan
  • Re: Getting # of days until expirationScott Haneda6 Jan
  • Re: Getting # of days until expirationPeter Brawley6 Jan
    • Re: Getting # of days until expirationBrian Dunning6 Jan
      • Re: Getting # of days until expirationMichael Stassen6 Jan
        • Re: Getting # of days until expirationBrian Dunning7 Jan
          • Re: Getting # of days until expirationJake Peavy8 Jan