List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:January 4 2006 12:48pm
Subject:Re: question about "sql security"
View as plain text
>I refer a question about "sql security" option of create procedure syntax
>at 2005-12. But i can't quite understood with that answer.
>Can you give me a example to describe the effect of set "sql security"
>option ?

CREATE PROCEDURE
SQL SECURITY INVOKER

SQL SECURITY (compliance with SQL2003) specifies whether the user
privileges
of the author (DEFINER) or the INVOKER apply; the default is DEFINER.
Since 5.0.3,
MySQL has supported GRANTs for CREATE, ALTER and EXECUTE. The first
includes the latter two.

If binary logging in enabled, see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/stored-procedure-logging.html.

PB