List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terry Riley Date:January 1 2006 10:35am
Subject:Re: Row Count Discrepency
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> I have an InnoDB table in a MySQL 4.1.14 database.   Can anyone suggest
> why MySQL Adminstrator says the table has 497 rows, while doing a query
> or a count on the same table shows that it only has 434?

IIRC, InnoDB only gives an estimated row count in admin (or SQLyog or
whatever), not an actual count, because of the way it does (or doesn't)
store row information.

MyISAM tables, on the other hand, show accurately because they store the
rowcount as part of the table data.

Terry
Thread
Row Count DiscrepencyJJ1 Jan
  • Re: Row Count Discrepency(Terry Riley)1 Jan
  • Re: Row Count DiscrepencyWilliam Allaire2 Jan