List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mechtilde Stehmann Date:December 31 2005 8:43am
Subject: Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysql
View as plain text
Hello,

Dotan Cohen schrieb:
> I keep a lot of personal information in a MySQL database. I have a few
> querys premade for the wife to use, but we have gotten to the point
> where we need a solution for her to be able to run her own queries.
> She is NOT about to learn SQL, and myPHPadmin is a little too
> compicated. I looked at an Access installation the other day and it
> seemed to be just what we need- a GUI for non-programmers to use a
> database. Is there any such beast for MySQL? Anthing that will run on
> Fedora Core 4 would be great. Or even a web-based solution would be
> fine- I do have apache on localhost.

You can use OpenOffice.org 2.0 via ODBC or JDBC and you can use a GUI
nearly like Access under Linux.

Mechtilde

Thread
GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen16 Dec
  • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlGreg Maruszeczka16 Dec
    • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen16 Dec
  • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDaniel Kasak18 Dec
    • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen18 Dec
  • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlMechtilde Stehmann31 Dec
    • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen1 Jan