List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Paulson \(CE CEN\) Date:December 28 2005 7:37pm
Subject:LIMIT on GROUP BY?
View as plain text
My query below returns however many rows fit the WHERE condition, in this case when they
year, period, week is <= 2009131.  In my case it is returning 11 rows because I have
11 rows where the year,period, week is 2006XXX.  However, this is not what I want.  I
only need 4 rows returned to me and not all 11 no matter what the <= XXXXXXX part of
the where is.

I guess my question becomes is it possible to put a LIMIT of how many rows are returned on
a GROUP BY?

Thanks!

SELECT ROUND(AVG(page_hit)) as page_hit, ROUND(AVG(training_tracking)) as
training_tracking, ROUND(AVG(certificates)) as certificates, ROUND(AVG(team_members)) as
team_members, ROUND(AVG(evaluation)) as evaluation, CONCAT(year,period,week) as date

FROM statistics

WHERE CONCAT(year,period,week) <= 2009131 AND region_id != 'AA'

GROUP BY date

ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,77

Thread
LIMIT on GROUP BY?Jay Paulson \(CE CEN\)28 Dec
  • Re: LIMIT on GROUP BY?Peter Brawley28 Dec
  • Re: LIMIT on GROUP BY?SGreen28 Dec
  • Re: LIMIT on GROUP BY?Felix Geerinckx29 Dec