List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:April 16 1999 5:04am
Subject:Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.
View as plain text
> > I am trying to port a DBMS application from Foxpro2.5 for DOS to linux.
>
> I haven't done what I'm about to suggest, but have you tried using
> dosemu (I think that's the one) to run your FoxPro app directly under
> GNU/Linux?

Why do all that when you can just use ODBC to connect to MySQL?  No
significant recoding necessary.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG - erc@stripped - 9403672744@stripped for URGENT
messages only!

"Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path
whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. Truth, being limitless,
unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized;
nor should any organisation be formed to lead or to coerce people along any
particular path."  --J. Krishnamurti

Thread
OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.Richard Reina15 Apr
  • Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.Sasha Pachev15 Apr
  • Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.S. Whitmore15 Apr
    • Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.Ed Carp16 Apr
  • Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.John Elliott15 Apr
  • Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.Richard Reina16 Apr
Re: OK, I admit it. I'm clueless.Christopher R. Jones15 Apr