List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Phillips Date:December 22 2005 6:31am
Subject:Need Help Connecting
View as plain text
I have the following setup - mysql 4.0.24 running on Debian Linux stable.

I set up a user 'mark' with a password. When I log into my Linux box as user
'mark', I cannot connect to mysql - I get this funny error message:

mark@latitude610:~$ mysql -h localhost -u mark -p
mysql: unknown option '--user           mark'
mark@latitude610:~$

If I su to another user, I can login as mark to mysql

emily@latitude610:~$ mysql -h localhost -u mark -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 128 to server version: 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge1-log

mysql>

I don't get it - why can't I use the '-u mark' option with mysql when I am
logged into my own Linux user account?

Thanks!
--
Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc
RE: Need Help ConnectingSST - Adelaide)22 Dec
  • Re: Need Help ConnectingMark Phillips22 Dec
    • Re: Need Help ConnectingMichael Stassen22 Dec