List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nathan Gross Date:December 21 2005 6:10pm
Subject:Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar field
View as plain text
On 12/21/05, Hassan Schroeder <hassan@stripped> wrote:
> Nathan Gross wrote:
>
> >>/*  hint: java.sql.PreparedStatement  */
> >
> > I thought we are talking about a mysql specific function, which would
> > not be in the vanilla j2se/j2ee pkg's. Actually, you know, I don't
> > even know exactly what function I need to be looking for!
>
> We're talking about escaping certain characters automatically, the
> capability provided by PreparedStatements, implemented in this case
> by Connector/J, which *is* MySQL-specific  :-)
Woa! Let me verify. If I pass a qry string:
 "SELECT Anyfield from Anytable where Anyfield = 'The man was 100% correct' "
to a Connector/J Statement (or PreparedStatement via parameters), the
driver will automatically [behind the scenes] escape the percent sign?
If so, wow!
Thanks;
-nat
Thread
Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross20 Dec
  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
      • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
        • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
          • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
          • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
            • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
              • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
                • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
                  • Matching phone numbers to addressesRussell Horn21 Dec
                    • Re: Matching phone numbers to addressesPeter Brawley21 Dec
                  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
                    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
                  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldMark Matthews21 Dec
                    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
      • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldJamesDR21 Dec
        • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec