List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nathan Gross Date:December 21 2005 5:38pm
Subject:Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar field
View as plain text
On 12/21/05, Hassan Schroeder <hassan@stripped> wrote:
> Nathan Gross wrote:
>
> >>Nearly every mysql client library has some kind of function to perform this
> >>escaping for you. Please refer to the manual of the client library you are
> >>using to see if your client has it or if it escapes content as part of the
> >>execution of certain methods or calls.
> >
> > I use Java. I don't know where to look for such a function.
>
> The java.sql and javax.sql sections of the JavaDoc would be a good
> place to start :-)
>
> /*  hint: java.sql.PreparedStatement  */
I thought we are talking about a mysql specific function, which would
not be in the vanilla j2se/j2ee pkg's. Actually, you know, I don't
even know exactly what function I need to be looking for!
-nat
Thread
Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross20 Dec
  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
      • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
        • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
          • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
          • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
            • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
              • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
                • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
                  • Matching phone numbers to addressesRussell Horn21 Dec
                    • Re: Matching phone numbers to addressesPeter Brawley21 Dec
                  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
                    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
                  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldMark Matthews21 Dec
                    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
      • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldJamesDR21 Dec
        • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec