List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hassan Schroeder Date:December 21 2005 5:13pm
Subject:Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar field
View as plain text
Nathan Gross wrote:

>>Nearly every mysql client library has some kind of function to perform this
>>escaping for you. Please refer to the manual of the client library you are
>>using to see if your client has it or if it escapes content as part of the
>>execution of certain methods or calls.
>
> I use Java. I don't know where to look for such a function.

The java.sql and javax.sql sections of the JavaDoc would be a good
place to start :-)

/*  hint: java.sql.PreparedStatement  */
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan@stripped

                          dream.  code.

Thread
Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross20 Dec
  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
      • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
        • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
          • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldSGreen21 Dec
          • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
            • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
              • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
                • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
                  • Matching phone numbers to addressesRussell Horn21 Dec
                    • Re: Matching phone numbers to addressesPeter Brawley21 Dec
                  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldHassan Schroeder21 Dec
                    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
                  • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldMark Matthews21 Dec
                    • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec
      • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldJamesDR21 Dec
        • Re: Cleaning illegal characters from varchar fieldNathan Gross21 Dec