List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Harvard Date:December 21 2005 2:25pm
Subject:Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT
statement?
View as plain text
That's why I suggested simply using the supplied my-huge.cnf config file, because I assume
it was contructed by some MySQL uber-guru who does know how much RAM to allocate to each
variable!

James Harvard

>  Like I mentioned before, I am tweaking the .cnf files by blind trial  and error.  I
> would appreciate anyone with experience looking over  my current setup and proposed setup.
>  I'm not sure how much RAM to  allocate to each server variable.

Thread
Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens21 Dec
Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECTstatement?James Harvard21 Dec
  • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens21 Dec
    • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Hank21 Dec
      • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens21 Dec
        • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Hank21 Dec
          • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens21 Dec
          • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens21 Dec
            • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Hank23 Dec
              • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens23 Dec
                • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECTstatement?James Harvard23 Dec
                  • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens23 Dec
                    • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Hank24 Dec
    • Filtering joinEris Ristemena21 Dec
      • Re: Filtering joinPeter Brawley21 Dec
      • Re: Filtering joinGleb Paharenko21 Dec
    • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECTstatement?James Harvard21 Dec
    • Re: Filtering joinEris Ristemena21 Dec
    • Re: Filtering joinEris Ristemena21 Dec
      • Re: Filtering joinSGreen21 Dec
        • Re: Filtering joinEris Ristemena21 Dec
          • Re: Filtering joinSGreen21 Dec
            • Re: Filtering joinEris Ristemena21 Dec
Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Grant Giddens21 Dec
  • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?Hank21 Dec
    • Re: Do I need to tweak my server variables for this SELECT statement?SGreen21 Dec