List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vinny Stoessel Date:April 16 1999 4:49am
Subject:Disconnections Part 2
View as plain text
Hello,
I posted a couple of days ago how I was noticing
brief moments of "Cannot connect to Mysql" errors
from my local apache server that connects via sockets
in Linux 2.0.35 and a remote one that connects via
TCP. I have set max_connections to 600. The web servers
are each limited to 200 children so I should never have
to worry about ever reaching the 600 mysql connection
limit. yet I still get occasional connection refusals.
Now I did see something in the error log:

990415 15:01:57  Error in accept: Invalid argument
990415 15:12:00  Error in accept: Invalid argument
990415 15:22:25  Error in accept: Invalid argument

any one know what this is telling me?

I enabled logging and grepping out "Connect" I get

990415 15:31:22       1 Connect    client@localhost on hitlist
                      2 Connect    client@localhost on
990415 15:31:25       3 Connect    client@stripped on
990415 15:31:34       4 Connect    client@localhost on adserver
                      5 Connect    client@localhost on
990415 15:31:43       6 Connect    client@stripped on
990415 15:31:44       7 Connect    client@localhost on
990415 15:31:48       8 Connect    client@localhost on xaymaca
                      9 Connect    client@localhost on
                     10 Connect    client@localhost on

should the Connect argument after "user@host on" be blank
like some these lines are showing?

I am running mysql 3.22.21 Linux (Binaries) on a
233 Pentium with 192M of Ram. apache and a realaudio server
also run on this box. Any insight is appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Vincent Stoessel-xaymaca@stripped
Xaymaca Studios http://www.xaymaca.com