List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:December 18 2005 10:44pm
Subject:Re: Report tool - Mysql
View as plain text
Darryl Hoar wrote:

>I need to get a tool to create reports using mysql databases.  It would be
>great if the resultant reports could be run by themselves (not inside the
>report development environment).
>Anybody have any recommendations ?
Yes. One of my open-source projects is PDF::ReportWriter. You can get it

It's written in Perl, is cross-platform, and exports direct high-quality
PDFs ( with the help of PDF::API2 ).
There is no 'development environment' as yet - you have to write your
report definition in code, but in my defense, it's not particularly hard
to do :) After you've written the report definition, you load an array
of data ( eg from a database query ), and pass it to PDF::ReportWriter.

There's a simple example on the webpage, along with a screenshot of the
output ( inside gpdf ).

Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
NUS Consulting Group
Level 5, 77 Pacific Highway
North Sydney, NSW, Australia 2060
T: (+61) 2 9922-7676 / F: (+61) 2 9922 7989
email: dkasak@stripped
Report tool - MysqlDarryl Hoar16 Dec
  • RE: Report tool - MysqlJimmy Guerrero16 Dec
  • Re: Report tool - MysqlDaniel Kasak18 Dec