List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Phillips Date:December 18 2005 4:17pm
Subject:Re: 'LIKE' for numbers
View as plain text
In a jsp application I created, I had a similar problem. I defined a constant
'spread' and then searched for values of x that x>= y-spread and x<=y+spread.
I then configured the spread value from web.xml, so I could fine-tune the
spread when the application was in testing. We didn't have the actual flight
data at the time to calculate a meaningful spread.  You could also have a
lopsided search range by using a top-spread and bottom-spread.

Mark

--
Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc