List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harrison Fisk Date:December 16 2005 4:54pm
Subject:Re: is there any BEEP command ?
View as plain text
Hi,

On Dec 16, 2005, at 9:23 AM, C.R.Vegelin wrote:

> I use various script files with queries to update a MySQL base
> periodically.
> These scripts are run from the mysql> line with the \. command.
> I would like to have a BEEP command at the end of the script to get
> a signal that processing the script is finished. Looked in the
> manual, but couldn't find it. Does such a command exist ?
> My version is 5.0.15 under Windows XP Pro.
> Regards, Cor

While there is no beep command, you can possibly get it to beep by
selecting the character code for a terminal beep (this is what the
mysql client uses internally)

Try out:

SELECT char(7);

And see if it makes a beep for you.  It should if the mysql client
can make the beep on a syntax error.

Regards,

Harrison

--
Harrison C. Fisk, Trainer and Consultant
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Get a jumpstart on MySQL Cluster -- http://www.mysql.com/consulting/
packaged/cluster.html

Thread
is there any BEEP command ?C.R.Vegelin16 Dec
  • Re: is there any BEEP command ?Rhino16 Dec
  • Re: is there any BEEP command ?Harrison Fisk16 Dec
    • Re: is there any BEEP command ?James Harvard16 Dec
    • Re: is there any BEEP command ?SGreen16 Dec
      • Re: is there any BEEP command ?Nestor16 Dec
  • Re: is there any BEEP command ?Rhino16 Dec
  • Re: is there any BEEP command ?C.R.Vegelin17 Dec