List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Maruszeczka Date:December 16 2005 3:16pm
Subject:Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysql
View as plain text
Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I keep a lot of personal information in a MySQL database. I have a few
> querys premade for the wife to use, but we have gotten to the point
> where we need a solution for her to be able to run her own queries.
> She is NOT about to learn SQL, and myPHPadmin is a little too
> compicated. I looked at an Access installation the other day and it
> seemed to be just what we need- a GUI for non-programmers to use a
> database. Is there any such beast for MySQL? Anthing that will run on
> Fedora Core 4 would be great. Or even a web-based solution would be
> fine- I do have apache on localhost.

Check out Open Office 2.0 and its Base app, available in windows and
*nix versions. I think it can use MySQL through either ODBC or JDBC
connectors, though I haven't played with it much (yet) to evaluate it.
Thread
GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen16 Dec
  • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlGreg Maruszeczka16 Dec
    • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen16 Dec
  • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDaniel Kasak18 Dec
    • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen18 Dec
  • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlMechtilde Stehmann31 Dec
    • Re: GUI (linux X based or web based) for mysqlDotan Cohen1 Jan