List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:YL Date:December 12 2005 7:40pm
Subject:neet setup tips for remote mysql access
View as plain text
Dear List,

I have mysql server and php apps on the same machine, they worked very well.
The machine's OS is win2k pro
Mysql 5.0.15

Then I access the db from local network area 192.l68.... And it worked fine although I
have to reset my account privileges..

Then I tried to access it remotely by domain name, it stop working even I can ping the
server with the domain name:

F:\home\elim>mysql -h myDomain.com -u elim -p
Enter password: ******
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'myDomain.com' (10061)

Please help me for the general steps of setting this up. Thanks a lot!

Thread
neet setup tips for remote mysql accessYL12 Dec
  • Re: neet setup tips for remote mysql accessXiaobo Chen12 Dec
  • Re: neet setup tips for remote mysql accessGleb Paharenko12 Dec