List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:December 8 2005 11:33pm
Subject:Re: Optimize: 14 hours and still running!
View as plain text
Nathan,

you can use SHOW INNODB STATUS\G to monitor how many rows per second it is
inserting to the new, reorganized table.

If the workload is disk-bound, it may be as low as 100 rows per second. Then
inserting 20 million rows will take 2 days.

Best regards,

Heikki

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php