List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Linda Burchard Date:April 15 1999 10:05pm
Subject:thread error in mysqld on HPUX 10.20
View as plain text
Hello -
	I am at my wits' end.  I have compiled mysqld a number of times (v
3.22.21) with different configure options and the same thing happens every
time.  I am able to start mysqld up without errors, but it just sits there
eating up CPU time for awhile until it finally dies.  I turned debug on, and
the trace file showed me that it was dying in init_signals.  I added some
additional debugging statements to init_signals to see if I could pinpoint
the problem and the routine it is hanging on is 'pthread_cond_wait'.  I
guess it is just waiting and waiting and finally times out and mysqld dies.
Here is the pertinent info from mysqlbug:

>Class:	sw-bug
>Release:	mysql-3.22.21 (Source distribution)

>Environment:
	<machine, os, target, libraries (multiple lines)>
System: HP-UX dti131 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2004819070 64-user license

Some paths:  /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/cc

Compilation info: CC='gcc'  CFLAGS=''  CXX='gcc'  CXXFLAGS='-O6
-felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti'  LDFLAGS=''
Configure command: ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mysql-3.22.21
--with-debug --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static --with-client-ldflags=-static
--with-low-memory --with-mysqld-user=profiler
Perl: This is perl, version 5.005_02 built for PA-RISC1.1

Here are the last several lines from mysqld.trace (I can send more if
necessary):

T@1    : >my_fopen
T@1    : | my: Name: './dti131.log'  Flags: 9  MyFlags: 48
T@1    : | >_mymalloc
T@1    : | | enter: Size: 13
T@1    : | | exit: ptr: 40027380
T@1    : | <_mymalloc
T@1    : | exit: stream: 40018080
T@1    : <my_fopen
T@1    : >init_signals
T@1    : | info: signal SIGPIPE - NOT THREAD SPECIFIC
T@1    : | info: sigaddset SIGINT
T@1    : | info: sigaddset SIGQUIT
T@1    : | info: sigaddset SIGTERM
T@1    : | info: sigaddset SIGHUP
T@1    : | info: signal SIGTERM to SIG_DFL
T@1    : | info: sigaddset SIGTSTP
T@1    : | info: sigaddset THR_SERVER_ALARM
T@1    : | info: sigaddset THR_KILL_SIGNAL
T@1    : | info: sigaddset THR_CLIENT_ALARM
T@1    : | info: pthread_sigmask SIG_SETMASK
T@1    : | info: pthread_attr_init
T@1    : | info: pthread_attr_setscope
T@1    : | info: pthread_attr_setdetachstate
T@1    : | info: pthread_attr_setstacksize
T@1    : | info: pthread_mutex_lock
T@1    : | info: about to exec pthread_cond_wait

Note: the last several 'info:' lines in the trace are the ones that I added
to figure out where exactly I was getting hung up.

Does anyone have ANY idea what is causing this?  We have an older version of
mysqld running on our machine, so I know it can be done.  I rebuilt this
version from source in a different directory so that we could continue using
the older version while this one was being built without impacting our
operations.  Any help would be truly appreciated.

Linda Burchard
DOMAIN technologies, inc.
Voice: 703-351-5870 x254
FAX:  703-351-5833
l.burchard@stripped
www.domain-tech.com

Thread
thread error in mysqld on HPUX 10.20Linda Burchard16 Apr