List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:December 7 2005 4:03am
Subject:Re: Friendster with MySQL
View as plain text
At 11:23 PM 12/5/2005, you wrote:
>Hi ALL,
>
>         We are planning to create a social software similar to friendster
> and Im
>working on the requirements... I saw a site:
>
>http://philip.greenspun.com/teaching/6171/2003-fall/friendster
>
>         and for some reasons its telling me not to use MySQL, the initial
>infrastructure is a scale out hmmm starting with 4 data nodes cluster..
>
>tia,

Tia,
         Where did they say they don't recommend MySQL? They eventually
recommended using MySQL with Master-Master clusters. After all they're
getting up to 800 hits.second and have 60+ servers. As someone else said,
clusters may be the way to go.

Mike

Thread
Friendster with MySQLJM6 Dec
  • Re: Friendster with MySQLsheeri kritzer6 Dec
Re: Friendster with MySQLmos7 Dec
  • Re: Friendster with MySQLCal Evans7 Dec