List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mel list_php Date:November 30 2005 5:16pm
Subject:RE: Newbie Question on Update
View as plain text
Hi,
In your query you try to update on the condition  "column 1 = number2 and
column1 = number3".
I think what you want is " column 1 = number2 or column1 = number3" .
If you use and it will try and found a record in column which has a value =
number2 and at the same time = number3.
hth,
melanie

>From: "Kraer, Joseph" <jkraer@stripped>
>To: <mysql@stripped>
>Subject: Newbie Question on Update
>Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:58:56 -0500
>
>I am trying to update a couple of rows in a table by doing the
>following:
>
>update table
>set column5 = number1
>where column 1 = number2
>and column1 = number3
>
>but it is not working.  I tried listing the conditions separated by
>commas (where column 1 = number2, column1 = number3) and also didn't
>work.  What am I doing wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Joseph "Tito" Kraer
>Business Systems Analyst
>Taylor, Bean & Whitaker Mortgage Corp
>

>--

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

Thread
Newbie Question on UpdateJoseph Kraer30 Nov
  • Re: Newbie Question on UpdateMichael Stassen30 Nov
  • RE: Newbie Question on UpdateISC Edwin Cruz30 Nov
  • Re: Newbie Question on UpdateSGreen30 Nov
  • RE: Newbie Question on Updatemel list_php30 Nov
  • Re: Newbie Question on UpdatePeter Brawley30 Nov
RE: Newbie Question on UpdateJoseph Kraer30 Nov