List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikhail Berman Date:November 30 2005 3:42pm
Subject:RE: SHOW commands.
View as plain text
Michael,

You have three option with mysqldump command to do what you are looking
for

$>mysqldump --add-drop-table db_name table_name -> this one will dump
data, create table info and add DROP TABLE IF EXIST on the top of the
dump, so you would be able to re-create original table and its data to a
tee.

$mysqldump --no-create-info db_name table_name -> this will dump only
data. nothing of table structure.

$mysqldump  --no-data db_name table_name -> this will dump only table
structure, nothing of data will be dumped.

Regards,

Mikhail Berman