List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristen G. Thorson Date:November 30 2005 3:26pm
Subject:Re: SHOW commands.
View as plain text
Michael Williams wrote:

> Thanks for the responses everyone.  Just a quick FYI, I am using
> Python as an intermediary to sync the DBs (I'm fine with using
> whatever as long as it's Debian compatible).  I suppose I should have
> explained before, but I'm using the Python script to connect from a
> "client" machine to a "server" machine which is why I prefer a
> command to be able to 'sync' the data.  Although I will have DB
> access on the "server", there is no guarantee that I'll have actual
> disk write access.  Hence, again, the need to be able to query for
> the command so as to write it to a text file on the "client" machine
> for use, etc.  Sort of a  "hey, server, what would it take to make
> table BLAH if I wanted to recreate it completely?"  kind of thing.

There's no one command, but you can build it by pulling the information
you need from:

SHOW FIELDS FROM table
SHOW KEYS FROM table

And then of course a select on the table.  I have some PHP code that
does this, and it's only 50 lines or so.

kgt

Thread
SHOW commands.Michael Williams30 Nov
  • Re: SHOW commands.Rhino30 Nov
    • Re: SHOW commands.Michael Williams30 Nov
      • Re: SHOW commands.Kristen G. Thorson30 Nov
  • Re: SHOW commands.Cal Evans30 Nov
  • Re: SHOW commands.Peter Brawley30 Nov
RE: SHOW commands.Mikhail Berman30 Nov