List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cal Evans Date:November 30 2005 3:24pm
Subject:Re: Date increment
View as plain text
You could use something like

from_unixtime(to_unixtime(dateField)+(86400*17))

I store dates in unix timestamp format in bigints whenever possible for
this very reason.

=C=

Peter Lauri wrote:
> Best group member,
>

> I have a field called expiredate of type ‘date’. I would like to add 17
> days to the expiredate without doing any scripting, is that possible?
>

> Example:
>
> Expiredate is 2005-11-30 and I want to extend the expiredate with 17
> days. Is there any function in MySQL that adds days to a date?
>

> A solution for this would be to write a PHP script that takes the date
> and adds 17 days to it (checking month overlap and stuff), but I want to
> skip scripting if there is an solution within MySQL that does it for me.
>

> /Peter

| Cal Evans
| http://www.calevans.com

Thread
Date incrementPeter Lauri30 Nov
  • Re: Date incrementCiprian Constantinescu30 Nov
  • Re: Date incrementCal Evans30 Nov
  • Re: Date incrementPeter Brawley30 Nov
Re: Date incrementJyrki Laurila30 Nov