List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ciprian Constantinescu Date:November 30 2005 11:43am
Subject:Re: Date increment
View as plain text
SELECT DATE_ADD(expiredate, INTERVAL 17 DAYS)

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/date-and-time-functions.html

""Peter Lauri"" <peter@stripped> wrote in message
news:4i32cf$o094s@ style="color:#666">stripped...
Best group member,

I have a field called expiredate of type 'date'. I would like to add 17 days
to the expiredate without doing any scripting, is that possible?

Example:
Expiredate is 2005-11-30 and I want to extend the expiredate with 17 days.
Is there any function in MySQL that adds days to a date?

A solution for this would be to write a PHP script that takes the date and
adds 17 days to it (checking month overlap and stuff), but I want to skip
scripting if there is an solution within MySQL that does it for me.

/Peter

Thread