List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:November 30 2005 5:16am
Subject:Re: Windows - logging into MySQL
View as plain text
"Beauford" <mysql-user@stripped> wrote on 11/29/2005 11:31:24 PM:

> I just installed MySQL 3.23 (the only one I could get to work) and I
find
> that I can log into the server just by typing mysql at the DOS prompt.
Ho do
> make it so you have to use a user name and password to get in.
>
> Thanks
>
> Running on Win2k Advance Server.

You could try following the installation instructions in the manual....
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/windows-installation.html

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

Thread
Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford30 Nov
  • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLCal Evans30 Nov
    • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford30 Nov
  • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLSGreen30 Nov
    • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford30 Nov
      • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLsean c peters1 Dec
    • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLMatt Monaco30 Nov
RE: Windows - logging into MySQLSST - Adelaide)30 Nov
  • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford1 Dec
    • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLJ.R. Bullington1 Dec
      • RE: Windows - logging into MySQLBeauford1 Dec
        • Re: Windows - logging into MySQLStephen Cook1 Dec